Presented by Summit Hut – Saturday, Jan 27, 2024
50 Mile Event Updates
We are very happy to announce some exciting changes for the 50 Mile Course and Race!!
- LESS CLIMBING!
- MORE CREW ACCESS!
- PACERS ALLOWED!
A detailed, updated map has been posted. Here are the important points:
- The south turnaround of the course, south of Oracle Start Park, will now be at American Flag Ranch rather than continuing up to High Jinks Ranch. This removes the courses largest climb and also moves the southern most Aid Station to American Flag Ranch.
- American Flag Ranch allows for crew access while High Jinks Ranch did not.
- Due to the crew access at American Flag Ranch, we will allow pacers this year from American Flag Ranch to the finish line!
- The course will no longer include Windmill Loop after leaving the last aid station in Kannally Wash when heading back northbound. Instead runners will make their way towards the finish line by staying on the AZT.
- When runners leave Kannally Wash heading southbound, instead of staying on the AZT to head directly out of Oracle State Park, they will instead turn right and utilize a few trails within Oracle State Park before returning to the AZT and heading south to American Flag Ranch. Runners will return the same way.
The Oracle Rumble takes place near the beautiful, historic town of Oracle, Arizona, located just north of Tucson on the north side of the mighty Santa Catalina Mountains. The event is mostly single-track through Oracle State Park (OSP) and following magnificent and remote sections of the Arizona Trail (AZT). The course is constantly rolling, making this a very challenging event for all distances. The views are breathtaking!
This event benefits, and is brought to you by, the Arizona Trail Association (ATA) and a local trail ultra-runner and race director with many years of experience directing and participating in running events of all kinds. We also have an amazing group of experienced volunteers to help ensure you have a truly memorable experience. We have a collective love for the outdoors, trail running, Arizona’s wild landscapes, and the Arizona National Scenic Trail.
We are an ultra-marathon at heart and offer distances of 50 Miles and a 50K. Not to worry if you don’t feel quite ready for those distances, we also have a Half-Marathon and 12K entirely on the awesome trails within OSP!
MAKE THIS YOUR DESTINATION RACE!
While you are visiting the desert southwest to participate in this one-of-a-kind race, please note that there are a lot of incredible sites to see in this area! Here is a partial list. Lots of information about these venues is easy to find on line. The times listed are relative driving times from the center of Oracle, AZ:
- Biosphere 2 – 11 min
- Arizona Zipline Adventures – 15 min
- Catalina State Park – 25 min
- Sabino Canyon National Recreation Area – 50 min
- Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum – 1 hr
- Saguaro National Park (West) – 1 hr
- Tucson Mountain Park – 1 hr 10 min
- Mt. Lemmon – 1 hr 30 min